Pink grapefruit blessings..


 Pink grapefruit

 "Dem is one fuh 200, 3 for 500, dem is One for hundred" the man shouted at me in the market after I stopped and looked at the two baskets of pink grapefruit. I started picking up the smaller onesit to feel them , he continued 'three for two hundred' 

Different sizes, some have the pale yellow skins , others the green skin with splotches of pink. 

Teeth and so been giving me some issues and I wonder if something is wrong because in this oil and gas , climate changed economy is rare to find citrus going 'cheap'  and some are not juicy or not 'sweet' 

 I feeling to see if anything wrong, fingers working the fruit while mind going through all kind of things that .. dis can't be true.. I wonder if exxon people reject them and send them back, or if is Brazillian extras the man get.. or is it stolen property and the man hustling to sell off before police come ..

(There was another man who used to sell ortanique cheaper than everybody else who told me that he just know a man bring them for he and he don't ask questions of where it come from.. the man no longer sells)

Is a long time since I eat pink grapefruit, as I don't wuk in de oil and gas sector and sometimes I have to decide between the grapefruit and a pinetart or a chinese cake and well..

Come home and cut and eat and suck and juice nice, and teeth seem to be managing okay and I think hell , I should ah buy more...

blessings..

two days later after the rare encounter with the pink grapefruit turn up at the plant sale to see a friend from school days and also because I see the people seh they have jam and so on sale. And it look like the ochro and carilla and manduka asana and other things say is okay, you can moderate de shugah intake...


 

Is a hot afternoon, and the sun light falling on the table with the jams and so. Pick up bottle and it is warm, 'mixed marmalade'. Three women behind the table, one of them points to the maker and says that 'she turns all kind of fruits into jam and wine ..  

I ask what the marmalade mix with , and the maker said , look .. there is sticker behind because each bottle got different things.

The bottles feeling warm in the sunlight, comfortable in the hands. 

"How long it will last" I ask, and the woman who turns fruits in jam and wine said "forever, but you will finish this before Christmas.. "

I know what she mean because back in the day was jam on cake, jam on ice cream,  jam just so with the spoon.. but now Moderayshun.. Moderayshun..

And there is 'pink grapefruit' and  'guava' written on one label and I say, dis is real blessing another encounter with pink grapefruit...

And the mixed pink grapefruit/guava blessing with butter and toast and so .... but moderayshun, moderayshun... even in blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar

The uncomfortable white man in the room with history..