Still friken five years after dey kill Courtney Crum-Ewing



March 11 2015 and I was friken when I hear people kill Courtney Crum-Ewing. The PPP was in power.  I and others went to stand in the spot where he stood so that I didn't have to feel afraid.





Nothing has changed in the five years since. Anil Has not Gone.

The PPP has not changed.   The PNC has not changed.  



March 14 2020 and I friken still. PNC supporters show dey power oustide GECOM and PPP supporters show dey power on the roads

I friken how democracy is between the possibility that PPP of 2015 get more votes than the PNC  yore or that the PNC  of the old times continue to win the elections as the observers say the process has been flawed.

I read how PNC supporters harass and threaten the journalists and others outside GECOM on Friday 13th.  I remember how PPP members and others threaten people.

Nothing is changing. 

I friken how there is no opportunity taken to transform anything, create something new.

May 2015 - thinking that it is good, that the PPP lost power, they might change. That the PNC win power, that they might change.


March 14 2020.
I friken that nothing has changed.

There is a moth, still on the white wall.  Beautiful colours on the wings. The moth's stillness reminds me that absolute stillness is a good way to deal with the fear of either the PPP or the PNC ruling Guyana from now on.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar