"de red nurse" at Georgetown Hospital one sunny morning..


".. she does always cause problem.. is wheh de red nurse deh?" one woman shouted in annoyance.. another person said "yes, we doan get no problem wid de red nurse.. we wid a dun already".. dis one hey always got mix up with the cards now  we aint going in no order.. de red nurse mussee deh pun leaven nuh..".. peopled

"is not me.. de red nurse would have had the same problem , is de filing clerk come late .i cyan find yall chart . please tell me who come in order, .. yall aint want tell me who come in order.. arite.. i gun just call name an put yall fuh sit down in order"

"de red nurse does always get thing organised.. stupes..

"i gun complain about you".. a small man with a cap and a thin face which easily broke into smiles said.. i gun report you.. he said holding the a cage with a small brown bird which was silent.

On the other side, people who are looking for hearing aid serviecs.. some are signing rapidly, some are shouting as the newly deaf sometimes do.. some are shouting about order and line.. there aren't enough seats..

I say let us move a bench.. and a man say no don't move the bench and I say but yall aint got enough seetsnd I hear the nurse who peole say is not good like the red nurse say "Sir, please do not move the bench, please let me do my work.. ' and i realise that she hollering and so but she kind of understand how we feeling. I

She call my name and I say to her.. i might be late,, can I reschedule.. and she say.. look doctor start work .. wait and see him and done.
 Doctor had come early, patients were early. Nothing was happening.. I go to the nurse and ask and offer to help and she laugh and say nah. she cant find chart she waiting on filing clerk..
Power to de filing clerk.
Doctor, everybody had to sit and wait..   For some reason is 2018 and the records are not computerised and people get stressed about waiting and the order mix up.



Lady next to me vex bad.. 'yall aint sehin' who come last and who come fush'' and something about de red nurse again..

I say.. man , you can go before me and she say.. nah she aint want go before me .. and she sit down and look vex wid me while we waiting..

Man in bird cage and me gaffing.. bird silent because the bird beak shedding he says.. expensive stuff he gotta buy for the bird. He rest the cage on a filing cabinet and the nurse come up and say'' i gun have to report you fuh that bird cage.. with a half smile on her face"

People settle down.. nothing can change.. people shifting in their turn. Nurse come back but nobody aint call de red nurse on her.

As I leave, I tell her to have a good day and that she can call me if she want help any time.
She laughed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar