Love in mango from the yard and pineapple from Canal

The turpentine mangoes are falling one or two every day - the mangoes can only be eaten when they are ripe. Some days there are holes left back from birds and bats and the ants are in the holes
I have washed out ants from the small holes to eat the rest of the mango, though most times I try to put the mango near the root of the tree and think.. well one mango for me, one for the Universe or the ants, rats or whatever else will eat them at the bottom of the tree.

Love. Sharing.

Woman said the pineapple is from Canal and I try smelling it and holding it to guess whether it would be sweet. I have a whole set of tips - it is the shape.. the variety, the sweeter pineapple have the scent, the colour.. be careful with green skin, be careful when the yellow got brown spots.. and there is a difference. Some variety called sugar loaf which is supposed to be eaten immediately as it will start to ferment.. and then others..
I have had green skinned pineapple that sweet sweet.
There is the added thing of Canal or Highway though I tend to veer towards Highway pine as Highway pine never disappoint me.

A woman was vexed one time though when a man ask about the provenance of the pineapple.

Is like hearing about Pomeroon orange and tangerine vs Canal orange and tangerine.

So it is this gamble this risk.. Love is like that .. but then the best is no expectations because then I get pineapple which green at the top and golden yellow at the bottom and the same pineapple could have different flavour from top to bottom.

I keep meaning to make pineapple curry if it too sour but then it never that sour to enjoy and think that well pineapple 'good for me'.

Love. No expectations. Use the sweet and the not so sweet.

Writing this after a strange week of love in different forms. Of the time spent on request from a loved one I least expected to hear from .."please come.. ".
Love in not thinking that I could never do the reverse, but that it was okay because the Universe has a way of returning the love and I was able to enjoy the generosity from another.

And from a woman who told me 'you putting on weight'.. she had not seen me in a year and was in need of a small loan because economics in Guyana mean that many pensioners who do not have children have to hustle.  And love in the small job offer that came in the day I gave the loan.

And love in the generosity of a couple of IT professionals and randomly around the time  countering the weird feelings and anxiety generated by the attitudes of other professionals. The text message which came in ' Keep up the good work' .

Loving, without expecting to be loved, results in many surprises.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar