Almost 400 blog posts and 73,166 hits ..

This is the 399th blog post - I thought it was 400th. I am writing this post when I should be doing other things.. in other words very much feeling like how I wrote the other 398 or so

Touched up rainbow on the wall from some glass at sunrise

The 100th post in August 2010 was thinking about All work is God's work ; the 200th post in September 2011 was Celebrating the wasting of time  and Smoking weed was on my mind in the 300th blog post in February 2013.    This almost 400th post - I imagined myself doing something deep , meaningful, readable, in less than 400 words which would get 400 hits in 400 seconds..



Number of hits on some of the posts over the last couple of weeks




Some things during last 100 posts..
  • A man asked about publishing a book - I think he was making a joke. I thought though of how fragile this blog is, how a few mouse clicks could make all this disappear. And I like how this thing is here for as long as Google wants it to be here.
  • A man said that I write from my 'id' and I had to go and search for what 'id'  means since I was not too sure.
  •  A young man from UG ask for advice since he would like to get together with some of the other students to do a blog - when exams are over.
  •  A woman told me that after frenzing me on facebook and then reading a post a few months after, then she realised that I am a man and not a woman.
  • This old blog generated a beautiful project - eMas Carnival - I know not to be bound by results of the actions..but there is a nice thing when words could create ripples
  • A woman tell me about my masked-visibility on the blog and I say yes, I know.. I self -censor, I delete and I wonder when I would have the courage to write about the things which I do not blog about.
  • A lot of people I know and like do not or care much about blogs
  • A woman who I wrote about on  May Day   was apparently looking to find out my name and confirm who I was so she could do her report on her May Day activities. I had said I did not want the  flyers she was sharing. I sent the blog to her when I met her without knowing that she was looking for me. I have not received any reply.



semetho (bell apple) mango, orange , watermelon and show-offness

I heard apparently posts with images get more hits so recently I have tried to find suitable images for the blogs which I write.. so can you imagine, not only having to compose confused thoughts into simple sentences but then thinking of how to visualise that composition into one relevant image which might draw people to see what is underneath?  Or finding some sexy image that would draw people in and then they might read and find out not so sexy?

And I wonder on Facebook whether people like the images or they are reading the blog  and liking what is there - until I learn that many people read the posts and do not hit like or say dislike or anything for that matter until in a passing comment awhile later.

I saw the rainbow image at the top and thought of writing something nice and optimistic and hopeful for the 400.  Later on the day of that rainbow spot on the wall a foreigner working here said "Guyana is a f..g mess" as we walked near Bourda market.  I wanted to say but you are here.. still..

This morning I thought of using the fruit thing because there is something about Guyana that randomly you could eat a whole set of different fruits all grown here and that is something about this place with the mess.

And so.. hopefully others will write and keep writing, others will make their voices heard.. and while there is not enough speaking out and not enough protesting and not enough movement from writing on blogs to creating revolution on the dirty streets.. hopefully the work will continue so that blogs could be written which match the spirit of the image of a pretty bowl of mixed fruits on the back step landing which would not have been there if I did not want to write the 400th post.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar