baigan choka dreams

Dinner was late. Bake and baigan choka. Nice, spicy. Stomach was tense from the stress. Or maybe from the hot fudge brownie sundae with too much whipped cream earlier in the day.
http://www.simplytrinicooking.com/2008/02/sada-roti-and-baigan-eggplant-choka.html

Woke up at midnight. Tossed and turned. Started dozing fitfully and dreams.. weird dreams.. one part of the brain saying wake up to stop them, but then not waking up. Not nightmares. One dream though.. stands out. I am going house to house, kind of like Jehovah Witnesses and other Christians , sharing out flyers and invitations house to house for a Hindu function. West Coast I think. As I leave one of the houses which I thought was a Hindu home , a former friend, a Christian, comes running out.

I try walking away.

He comes behind me.. smiling..holding one of the flyers - he says.. "I know about these things, about how to do this sharing of flyers and so on, let me show you how to.." In the dream though, I do as I did,  I walk away though.... not wanting to listen..


And I wake up.. laughing a bit.. thinking.. of how maybe in the subconscious.. that it is possible to learn from all over, and I lost out by walking away, that in listening there might have been learning.

I have been doing a lot of walking away - avoidance of confrontations -but wondering if the dream means "careful how you walk away - there has to be a way of working on learning "
Dream ended though.. so I have no idea how this way of remaining engaged would work out.

Probably need to eat another sundae and baigan choka tonight and see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar