Vidya, vidya..

I am in a hurry, plenty stress. Enough jhanjat. Sun hot. Focussed on getting things done .. on putting the bad things in the past and letting go.

I see someone from the past.. and the present. The lunch date that never was. I walked faster. Then I heard my name.. Vidya, Vidya.. i walked.. remembering other calls when people wanted to laugh at me.. how I walked, or how pagally I looked.. if I turned.. what would I see.. a mocking smile..

The mandir was nearby.. my heart said turn turn... my head said walk walk.. and I walked faster.. breeze blowing sun hot.. appointment made.

And I feel sick inside.. I should have turned.. given a chance to build a bridge .. but the memories of rejection were strong and safety was in the space between us..

I did not hear my name any more.. just breeze.. and this feeling of shock inside that this is the only person I know who I run from.. I could be civil with others who hate me.. or who would call me coolie coolie.. antiman. Mr Bean.. lampy pampy.. faggot.. but I guess this is different

I sent an email to apologise for running away.


Comments

  1. Very poetic and quite moving, Vidya...one could feel the emotional wrench reading it...lovely...publish your writings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly...I think you are in love with the person...just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep.. well being in love and loving are different.. in this case my head tells me that loving means leaving the space far apart to avoid confrontations and unpleasantness

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar