Finding the crunchy sweet in the mango..


Finding... 

"That tree look like it need lil help".. the woman tells me politely about the turpentine mango tree which had a lot of blossoms but now covered with the thick bird vine. I was waiting on the last mango which was kind of bright red hanging, smaller than usual, to fall. But one day it was not there on the tree or on the ground near the tree.  

Tree might have to trim deep but with news of how mango tree helping with air pollution and so on, I want to leave it right there, but then I might end up with a dead tree with bird vine which nobody eating.

The other tree had plenty blossoms too but not much fruit, and people had come to ask for 'green mango'.. this is a strange tree where the mango taste nice turnin' and green and make nice achar and so but ripe, is not even close to buxton spice.

But is a day when I sit down and realise that even though I is a big man, earning my own money, and the ice cream trolley them passing up and down and I could buy out all the ice cream I want to satisfy the sweet cravings.. that I say no no no no.. that life , karma, now I could buy what I want to eat.. I shouldn't really eat what I want and when I want..


Mango... 

This last bunch of mango hanging on the tree. I waiting for them to fall. The bunch high up and I taking picture and so like I never see mango on a tree

I have picked low hanging green one now and then to make the green mango choka, but never really used stick and so to pick because I feel like I should wait until the tree say 'hay.. tek it now' and then drop it so me, or the animals, or both of us, could eat (yes I have had mango which had animal bite on it and cut around and eat )

But the craving there, and it have place nearby where I have been to buy sweet biscuit and so , the nice sweet crunchy kind of thing I need. 

So I take stick out, with the hook which other people have used , and I realise I still can't reach the bunch. And I throwing and so and at some point some mango fall down. 


Crunchy Sweet 

And so I wash and so, it not soft and juicy, but got the nice kind of crunch and enough sweetness which is like eating biscuit without thinking of sugar levels and so on.  

And to figure out now how to help the trees before next season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar

The uncomfortable white man in the room with history..