Qaddafi in the minibus, OFAC sanctions and katahar

 

Qaddafi in the minibus 

Same day that the US Government issued their updated sanctions list, I jump in a minibus with my mind on my collapsing teeth which have been going out of line and breaking up and filled and so on (including with gold) much like how some roads and bridges and institutions supposedly fix in Guyana.. fix for a time but never really fix. 

Bus driver looks like he is a Guyanese of African Descent and I hear the name Allah call and the man over the bus speaker talking about George Bush and disasters in America. and Brother Qaddafi and about America and Libya and Osama and some names call there that I wonder if I should jump  out the bus because my mind on how the US say just so, they sanction some Guyanese.

The first whatsapp I get that day was from another man of African descent sending me a video about Mutabaruka saying America is a third world country. The man who send me the video has been doing amazing things in Third World America.

And in the weirdness of life, I watching this tv series (which spoiler alert end up stupidly) The Recruit in which the 24 year old CIA man say he avoid getting kidnap by pirates in Guyana, and I on the episode where he trying to get OFAC to unblock a frozen account so that money could be released for CIA interests.. I mean.. I never hear about OFAC before and here today in the news and from Netflix.. hearing about OFAC. De Burnham in me rise up lil but then it fall down  like Burnham as we know how it goes in Guyana.

So in the minibus thinking of bruk teeth and the plantain chips and nuts I not supposed to eat, and I realise that bus man  is playing one of Louis Farrakhan's speeches and I am like wahhhh.. is this some kind of subtle Burnham response to the US Government sanctions list? 

But I friken to ask though because I don't know who in the bus listening and observing but like nobody aint care..,

OFAC Sanctions

I want to imagine Janet Jagan having a conversation with the young PPP Central Executive member who on the sanctions list, for corruption and human rights abuses and not for say, being a communistWould Janet Jagan have said, sis, this is not what I expected for you? 

I hear about racism and so about Cheddi and Janet, but never dis kind of corruption to USD50 million or its equivalent in those days.

But this issue is not a PPP thing or a PNC thing, like the Venezuela story, is a PNC and PPP thing because the US apparently start investigating since 2019 when PNC and Donald Trump were in power.  

And the way the US Government write the thing, is that them aint saying allegations, them saying what it is .. them done decide and judge. No longer allegations.

Did the US Government share their evidence with the Government of Guyana?Or is the PNC and PPP give the US Government the evidence to put on the sanctions list because they do not evidence to bring up in Guyana court?

Katahar

Mosquito biting day time, rain falling heavy. Georgetown got water as always .A woman gives me an unexpected gift of katahar - and I look forward to trying one or two new things with it apart from curry. She laughs as she tells me to enjoy peeling, taking time to escape and so in my mind and deal with my own worries. 

A friend who needs help with her house roof reached out to the people on the sanctions list for help. She didn't get a response but I keep hoping she gets help because the PPP Government not helping her.

Facebook keeps showing the sponsored page, and Guyanese are on the page praising up the people on the US sanctions list. People praising up the goodness and kindness and so on and loving up the beautiful photos.

Would the beneficiaries of the charity also be sanctioned by the US? The E. O is not clear. 

What would justice look like for those expressing gratitude and adulation to the people on the US sanctions list? Would the receipts for the items purchased and donated total up to the monies owed in duties and taxes?  I mean the PPP Ministers are now having their own Facebook pages and so on, and expecting gratitude and praises for their use of taxpayers money to fulfill the obligations.. so.. from Guyanese people end, would justice be like look, let de people giving directly to poor people and sports people and so on all de money dat was supposed to be in duties and taxes and whatever..

Would Facebook have to take down the page?

The US government only names one official but refers to several other officials. Do the PNC and PPP have the names of these officials, and hope that the US will do their own sanctioning?

A young journalist asks me why I not speaking out against Israeli genocide of Palestinians - that the head of the local Palestinian Solidarity Group wants to know why people involved in human rights in Guyana who the PPP cuss out a lot, (and the US have not sanctioned), not speaking out.

I tell the journalist that many of us speak out and that for me, I careful about who I marching with because the people who might for Palestine might not be for gay rights or the rights of all women ..

Would the Israeli actors who punishing all Palestinians for Hamas' violence, ever end up on the US Sanctions list for their human rights abuses?

 But these are not things that I can't fix or to worry about, now is to put on some music and go enjoy peeling and cooking and eating the katahar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation