The Guava on the ground far from any tree..

 

Guava on the ground 

Woke up early and watched the sunrise through the windows open for breeze in between the reading about twelve year old Sai in a Thai fantasy world. 

I mean to get up with the sun but I started The Last Mapmaker by Christina Soontornvat, and then the sun on the bed brings me back to adult stuff in the present day.

Come downstairs and thinking of the intense madness of the day and months ahead as the Universe gifts have come all at once.

On the grey concrete, in the shadow of the fence as the sun has not risen yet there, small yellow fruit. I think oh no, small yellow mango again dropping from the tree before ripening as part of the climate change madness. Pick up the fruit and look at it. It looks like a guava. 

I smell it. Beautiful guava smell. There are no marks on the skin, no bites, no holes for worms. 

 Far from any tree 

And as I inhale the guava smell early in the morning, I think nah, what guava doing here , there are no guava trees in my yard, or in any of the yards around me. There was no high wind as far as I know.

We had a guava tree a long time ago which died and came back to life a few times before finally moving permanently to join the afterlife. 

(Do the souls of trees join with the Atman of us humans in the great Brahman? )

Suppose I eat it and turn more demonic than I am already?

But is Navratra now, and not well Halloween so the guava could be a blessing from some random place?

Did a bird drop the guava? But birds eat the fruit on the trees as far as I know, they don't move with them in their claws? Or do they?

There is  'guava cheese paste' ,  and think of  the loved one who loved guava cheese but no longer accepts gifts of guava cheese from me, and of wanting the Latinx guava pastries.

A monkey might have dropped it, but picked it up again. Sometimes there are sapodillas and leaves under the house which I then learned is from yowrie making next somewhere.

Or is it  a thief man like the one comes for the sapodillas and the mangoes, did this fall from his fruit salad in the area?

There is no warning about not eating the guava as say, not eating the apple. 

Should I put back the guava on the ground? leave it there? I do that sometimes with other bird picked mangoes when I think is okay, leave it , no need to cut around the bird pick or bat pick or yowrie teeth marks. But then what if the animals leave their juta for me?

Is this a ghost come back from the dead guava tree that used to be in the yard? And visible on the concrete to tempt me?

And as I think of the other temptation in the week, I say, this is blessing. I accept it, pick it up. Cut it in four, no worms. 

No blemishes. Think , should I eat it. 

Piece falls on the ground. I pick up and rub off the germs and so on as you do.

Eat the guava with gratitude . Fingers still smelling of the guava long after I have eaten it. Enjoy the temptation.

And the only consequence of eating the guava so far is writing this blog instead of the others things which will be part of the intense madness of the days and months ahead.



-----

PS. Looked closely and realise there is guava tree in the yard at the back of me, but still this guava was far away from the tree..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar