Standing in the rainwater from the gutter; and other gifts

 

745am. I am relieved that I have finished the weekly cleaning ritual in time so I could get on with work. Rain is falling and place is humid. Water is coming out of the open gutter. I go and stand up under the water .. it is heavy, cold, enough to pound head and shoulders. 

I have forgotten how the rainwater , soft, feels almost soapy. 

Remembering the woman in the book who had gone to the waterfall for healing. 

The cold water is good, wake me up properly. 

I look up at the red flowers on the tree which is supposed to be cut down, with promises to grow back straighter. I could pretend I am in some waterfall in a garden.

Gift of shifting thoughts  away from the madness in the week. Gift of the joy at random connections with people even as disconnections with others. 

Gift of access to nice pineapple and oats to shift brain mouth buds away from yearning for junk food. 

Gift of not having reason to go out in the rain and flood because if I did I would have said to hell with it and go buy and binge on the junk food.

Gift of being invited to share on work done and when being asked about impact, being able to admit that there has been no impact and that impact means different things to different people at different times.

Gift that the roof is not leaking where it usually does, even as the place floods. Gift at not worrying too much about the leaks where they happen.

Gift to be able to stay open to gifts even as the madness happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar