Banana and badam lacha and picketing during the Easter Moon..

 

Full Moon

"If you see how he watch me" the woman said.."me show he de lock ". The woman chains her adult son so that he does not come out of the house. "Me tek out he food and suh , he nah want meat and suh now, only greens"

"Nah Full Moon... , he does seh me a go wid man and so.. when dis Moon pass.. all gun arite.. he does deh good good, help me clean and cook and suh"

"When he been lil.. he went by he father sister and dem do some wuk and dat lef he suh.. ".. he goes to the clinic and gets medication. She was never asked about full moon . She tried getting public assistance, five months after she applied and the Ministry of Human Services says 'dem gat plenty people in front of me'..poverty is probably on the increase. I had asked her about the chaining, telling her to get help but she said 'you tink me want fuh chain am, but whah mo me can do?"

She tried asking other priests and so on to see if they could undo the wuk 'but like dem want money".

On the day of the full moon the other woman with four children is screaming at them more than usual. I want to go tell her to ease up but she has told me many times me that she has eased up on the screaming and beating - and in Guyana , full moon  I feel like I should tape her and play it back.

I am not moving and sitting in the chair , thankful that I don't really have to move if I don't want to while another part of me says get up and move. 

Picketing

There is a protest by Red Thread against the lawless management of the oil money in the country. I think it aint gun mek a difference if I don't go while the other body says get up and move and I arrive a bit late. I get one of the placards about 'Who is the EPA protecting?" and I realise that there are more people at this picket than the last time and that I could be still out here in community while not agitating the moon mind , and hold  a placard and not move, same as if I was at home in the chair and not moving. And that there could be productive ways of 'being low'.

Hanuman Jayanti and I come out in the evening to go mandir and I look up at the nice yellow-white globe in the East and laugh at it, grateful that the full moon does not turn me into a werewolf .

So I move through the days, being functional, postponing some tasks, saying yes to things which I felt like saying 'No' to and doing as the woman said.. 'waiting it through'. Day after the full moon and I meet a brilliant man who  sometimes uses meds to manage his mental health and he smiles at me when I tell him, that well is full moon after he asks.

Banana and badam / balam lacha

Saturday morning and heading out to catch the East Coast bus and see the flash of red in the sky. Decide that it is okay to go on the seawall, that I do not have to catch the bus immediately and see that the scarlet ibis and the white and other birds are feeding in the bright sunlight on the mud exposed by the low tide. 

Thankfully sugar readings still said normal and I know that I wanted to do another thing which was new and to eat the banana and badam laccha mix up because it is nicer than badam laccha alone or banana alone. 

And to write about it because that is how I know that full moon stillness has gone and I hope that the woman can unlock the chain holding her son while she waits for the public and other assistance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar