Mindfulness with pumpkin and plantain

 

 

 

Pumpkin

Any pumpkin today the young man asks calmly, voice quiet. .. 400 and 500 .. 

I check the skin. Snake skin, white and green. Colour though a lil pale. Not sure. Smooth and dry though.

Come home and realise there was some in the freezer from before. 

Things lil mix up these days, I laugh though, memory things. 

Pumpkin has to cook though. Katahar seed , and some channa which was supposed to be curried but ..

Cut up pumpkin. Not evenly, I can't do that. But I like when some chunks leave in the final mash.

Chip up onion. Geera in the oil. Low heat to 'broil the pumpkin' . Salt - thinking lil extra for the channa and the katahar seed. Some tumeric to add lil more colour. Wiri-wiri. garlic. Decide not to put elaichi.

Thing cook, low , while doing other chores which I have not had to do before but which coming up now. Smelling nice.  Think I smell burn, but is not me pot, is somebody else own.

Is plenty, could eat whole week.  Taste some with puri and I give thanks.

Enough in the fridge for two or three more meals

Plantain

Plantain look nice on the bunch. Thinking of tawa tostones and what to eat with them and when to eat as eating schedule lil out of sync at the moment.

Plantains in different stages of yellow so have to microwave, check them, see, take out those which finish average a minute or two.

 Put on tawa to heat up. Get some oil, smash the plantain carefully. There is something about the smashing and the putting back which gives the nice texture to tostones.

Have a 10am thing but say nah, is arite.. life will go on if I join late.

 Cook this out. no rush.

 Nice smell of the browning to black and crisping. A nice aroma. 

Turn them over and turn off tawa. Take time.

Pumpkin and plantain. 

Never had that before., just like I never had to deal with some of the other things I dealing with before.

Is good though to try new things yourself, even as the Universe sends other new things.

Pumpkin, katahar seed, channa and plantain.. each mouthful taste good, different texture, lil geera and so.. things sweet and nice, lil wiri wiri. 

Remembering the man who told me to always enjoy food because a time will come when I would not be able to.

But now I could buy, cook, eat, enjoy.

Gratitude.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar