Gift of genip in the August moon...

 

August Moon

Music is loud and I come out on the road to see if I can find the source. Realise that is the neighbour who sometimes play loud music and sometimes are quiet. They are raising and lowering the volume. I stand on the bridge and look east and up and see the orange Full moon, rising. 

Watching the full moon rise while breathing to calm down in anticipation of doing what I have never had to do before.. go ask people to turn down their music.

They get bored with the loud music though and keep it normal. Full moon probably affecting them too. 

Day had an unexpected though anticipated duty of care which disrupted the planned flow. Some care is easier to give than others as the issues is not the care, but the negotiation to ensure that there is efficiency and to give out good energy even  when the  moon creates other vibrations. 

I laugh at myself though, the irony of the Universe. 

Saturday at the market I buy a handful of genip. Man has not been passing and I am tempted. 

Pop one in my mouth .. flesh dissolve but I had to spit out before swallowing as the thing is more than sour , it like kerosene (or what I imagine kerosene to be).  One is good, the others are all bad. Moon got me thinking that there is some lesson here. Not taste and buy because well biting an unwashed genip is not so appealing, even if I polish it with my unwashed hands.

Genip and other Gifts

Text message says 'you home? I got genip/'" and the woman tells me to come on the road to collect the genip.

Day has been rough. I am grateful that the  yoga routine has aligned things. 

I take my time, hot sun to walk out.. there is a light breeze. I hope to see some flashes of red but the scarlet ibis probably hiding from the heat. 

Minibus pulls up and masked owner of hand holding a bag of genip through the bus window... the kind that dissolve in your mouth before you could taste it, and where it is more drinking genip rather than eating genip.

Some not so sweet, others sweet but no matter.

Two sides of the tree the woman explains. One side seems to be sweeter than the other.  But all good in a way. 

Wishing life could be like this.. not so sweet and sweet from the same tree. Rrather than the sour tasting like kero, and not so sour. Moon vibes.

Grounding and breathing. Other disruptions. Not paying attention. Man tells me he cried when he realised that someone he knew had committed a murder.  Other conversations. Signs of violence and the trauma. of Guyana. Realising that the moon can make you feel these more, and not leave space to listen to other things.

Young man tells me I look younger than my ID card. Woman I know who watching movie and working while she looking after other people children - 'her mother come with bag the other night and say she want spend time with yall'.

 An email comes 'please edit' and another young man sends the draft of powerful powerful story of inter-racial, inter-generational solidarity and connection. I push the moon vibes aside to work through the edits and recognise the gift to contribute in creating something beautiful.

Recognising that as the moon vibes work in this August, to leave space to grateful for all gifts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar