I am the heavy table dividing OneGuyana

Heavy

I am the heavy table in the images from DPI 13 May, 2022  which are part of the OneGuyana 

I a needed to show in show that the four men need some barrier between them and I am part of the OneGuyana keeping them apart.

Any photograph to show all of them at the same time, will have me, the table there.. dominating. 

I am the heavy table, made from wood from the forests which might or might not be around for much longer. 

They put plastic bottles with the name 'Rainforest' and water on top of me to wet the throats which don't like like they are doing much talking and laughing.

I would have liked these four men to go meet in the rainforest near to some of the real healing waters which are not in plastic bottles. 

And to let the trees which are  my origins instead of dividing them, be encircling them, covering them together.

I am the heavy table, but the tension in the room, the mood is heavier than me. 

I sense from the faces above me that nobody really wants to be there. 

There is no smiling and laughing there. No touching of hands and so. I am there to prevent that touching.  No joy.  They think each other are frauds and perhaps the only honesty is in the heaviness.

I am there solid with them and I wonder if is somebody tell them, yall come sit down , one on each side and take some pictures. And I sit there heavy and smile. They all have in common, the suits which their ancestors did not wear but were imposed on their ancestors. 

The suits they are wearing probably relate to the people who brought them there when they did not want to come.

Light

My shine top reflects light and brightens the picture unlike the doom and gloom on the faces of the men.

No posing for smiles here for the public to see.  They are not wearing masks but maybe they are wearing masks.

I ponder if their discomfort with each other to do real business is unlike when they sit around other tables or without tables in other places to not talk real business.  

The other chairs are empty, full of ghosts probably or just to show that nobody else matters or other people who could bring smiles and so on to the four men.

It is not my business though. My purpose is to keep them apart in the pictures which they will share. 

Not like other pictures from the building in which I sit, times when people go into other rooms, to show people standing next to each other or shaking hands and so before the sit all around me or afterwards.

I am the heavy table dividing OneGuyana, keeping things real.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar