Writing the specks of light to clear the mind..

 

Cleaning the house and I notice what I think might flakes of paint on the floor and then realise that there are specks of light which are shaped like the flakes of paint which drop off the wall. 

 Something about the way the light is on the tile and the floor and I run for the camera to take a picture thinking that this would be something to write about. 

Taking the picture and seeing that unlike the light which would disappear later without my hand, there are bits of dust in the corner which I would not have seen otherwise and I realise that cleaning is well not always cleaning.. like how clearing the mind is not always clearing the mind and there are things which dwell, lurk , remain which should also be cleared out.

So I take the picture and think what to write.. about temporary things like shadows and light; or about the things unnoticed like the dust which is deep in the corner which if I was not looking for light I would not have seen.

But the image sits there on the desktop of the computer and I am not sure what to write as I obsess over rows and columns of data which have to be organised and sorted and presented.

The image of the specks of light which I thought were flakes of paint is on my mind and I try to think differently, not linearly as to how to deal with dealing with the rows and columns of data which people are waiting on.. recognising that the issues in those rows and columns need to be presented in connected points in four dimensions with more than one layer.. 

But a week after the specks of light appeared on the floor I think I should not waste the image, let me try to do something with it while I can't do anything at the moment with the rows and columns of data which need to be organised.

And so writing the specks of light, in the hope of clearing the mind but also seeing that in looking to capture light, that it was possible to also see what would not have been seen.. and that it was more useful to clean the dust from the corner, rather than say capture the light on the floor.

And so it is sometimes,  that in being open, that in being drawn to one thing, we can also be open to other things around it which we would not have seen.

And that solutions are not always be in the light, but could also be in the shadows.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar