AntivirusGy 11: Re-writing the National Pledge to survive Guyana 2020



Using madness to survive the madness of Guyana 2020 - elections, Covid, and re-writing a National Pledge even though I am not a patriot and don't love Guyana


I pledge myself to honor always the Flag of Guyana, the struggles and celebrations of my ancestors - all of them , not just the ones on my family tree

and to be loyal to my country, accountable to everybody , and to hold them accountable

to be obedient to the laws of Guyana, of the Universe, to sustain the Earth, to recognise that I am part of a Universal whole

to love  understand  - my fellow citizens, to work with them to overcome the fears at the root of their prejudices , to create connections with them

and

to dedicate my energies towards the happiness and prosperity of Guyana."  
working for justice and equality while taking care of my mental and spiritual health and well being.


(AntivirusGy is a collection of ramblings on things which have changed since Covid 19 entered our vocabulary)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar