AntivirusGy 1 : Half-ripe mango and cinammon


People say stay home so going hunting for plantain chips and nuts and other kinds of crunchies is not an option. Anxiety about essentials and moving quickly through the market and on the road mean forgetting that I will need the plantain chips and nuts and so at some point.

The woman who used to sell the golden, thin, crunchy plantain chips has not opened her stall on the days I have visited the market since Elections and then Covid. And I look at other plantain chips and they don't look as crisp and as thin as those which piled up in the cut out bottle on her stall, and also accompanied by nice conversation.

And in the anxiety and so when buying and being out to rush back home, so easy to forget to look for plantain chips and nuts.

So the crunchies come though. And no pacing can work to ease them. No amount of deep breathing.

The tree with the not so nice mangoes is bearing.  Nice when green for achar and mango choka, bland/sweet, soft and stringy when ripe. But gratitude for all fruits now from all trees.

And so I think, what if, the half ripe crunch. But not with salt and pepper though as that aint my thing.  No sugar either because even though that is my thing, it should not be my thing. And cinammon is there, nice too. 

And so the pieces of the half ripe mango, still crunchy, faint sweetness, mixed with cinammon to add flavour.  I don't have to go out. I can crunch.  Feel good.  Thinking about invention and innovation and adaptation and so on.


Snack made in antivirus mode. What have you eaten now that you have not eaten before?






(Antivirus Gy is a collection of ramblings on things which have changed since Covid 19 entered our vocabulary )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar