Dear President Granger, I am a sinner and have no integrity but...




Dear President Granger, I am a sinner and have no integrity and some people think I am racial and I have lied and cheated and hurt loved ones and so on but in May 2015 I was really really happy that at your swearing in , you chose not to wear a suit and I used to keep watching you to see if you  would ever wear a suit and tie.

I declare that I am not a good person and I know people gun start saying 'who is me fuh talk and so on'.

I have never voted for you or the PNC or the PPP, but I have paid taxes and have protested often without any results.  Protested the PPP and the your Governments and the institutions.

My nerves can't handle the COVID and the elections and today me and another guy talked about writing about we could do to help with mental health. But then, fear on my mind.

I got friken last night though, when I read this statement from you which said you were 'deeply disappointed' that the CARICOM team has left. Friken because I thought you are in charge of the flow of things. And I got friken today when I see people who used to picket with me for justice and human rights and who I used to hug up and so, they prefer you to get swear after this process which white, black and brown people say is nonsense, rather than let the PPP rule. No more 1992 they say.  I feel bad too when I see people praising up the PPP people who I protested.

And I see dem powers that Minister Lawrence have now, and I had protested for her removal and now I see them powers now with COVID.. and I friken.

And so in this time of COVID, is this continued sense of feeling bad and thinking I would have to be living under a PNC Government which got a lot of hate against it, or a PPP government which got a lot of hate against it. And while I can't hate either of those Governments because my religion teaches me that I am one with all of you.. , it is damn hard to live with hate.

A lot of hate. No love.

I am a sinner and I have no integrity. I have hurt people.  I don't love Guyana really, as I just happen to born here and have to make do since nobody else will have me.

I want to help you though, not to tell you what to do. Me and the 30% who did not vote, can't we find a way to do love with you to fix this?


Instead of the two choices of hate one way, or hate the other way, is there no different place we could imagine ourselves ? Hate is a consuming force, the amount of hate I seeing in people as they want their votes to be counted and other people votes not to be counted..



When you had on that shirt jac that day at the swearing in , you asked people to hold hands and sing let us co-operate for Guyana. you said " I shall be a good President for all the people"

And even though I did not vote for you, or anyone else, and I could not really do anything about it, I had no problem with you being President of all of us including bad people like me who did not vote, but who like criticise, and so on.

And even though I disobey some laws and have worked against others, you and I have this contract of citizenship.

So will you reach out to us,  , not holding hands, from six feet away and so, but reach out to us ,  who want to find this different place of love, wanting to find it now, who want all votes to count and matter,  and want everybody , PNC and PPP especially, to win these elections?

And even though I have let down a lot of people, and have no integrity and so on, I am sure you will not be disappointed.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar