Not wasting the sunrise...


Wake up and realise that I had slept dead through the night. It has been a long time since that happened.

Not sure if the panadol which I took for the pains from mental stress and internal sources helped with the dead sleep.

The light  through the window is from the sun rising and the night light next door. It is nice to watch the sky lighten through the glass.

I see the sky is lightening through the window.  Place is cool, I want to lie in bed some more, not get up.

And I think, no get up. Go, do the surya namaskar. You have not done at sunrise in years.  Back stiff, body in pain.  Get up though and try.

I think no, what is the point. Lots of surya namaskar done before but body still stiffened up .

Surya namaskar in airport prayer rooms or in the airport lounge - coming off flights or while waiting for flights. Surya namaskar on the Mall in Washington after coming off the night bus. Surya Namaskar quietly in rooms not to disturb room mates.

 Slipping out of bed instead of cuddling bed mates at dawn. Going to do the morning prayers.

It has been a long time.

Nice orange tinge. Nice chill.  I bend forward and fingers not reaching the ground. I stumble though, saying the prayers and gradually the fingers touch the floor. Take some time to breathe.

Sun is coming up. Neighbour's night light goes off.

Sky is light.

I breathe.  I made it. The 13 rounds. Not thinking of the 36 I used to do. Not wishing that I could do this without panadol.

Thinking of the things I messed up, the things I have cancelled or postponed, but thinking that I got up with the sun when I didn't think I would, that I bended when I didn't feel like bending.








Rain clouds gather.

Nice chill.  Get up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar