The gay minibus driver...

Images from Pixabay

Is a 12 minute walk or 4 minute bus drive and I am in a hurry. A bus stops near me.

A woman about my age comes out of the front seat. Young man moves from the jump seat to the front seat.

I go to the front door.

"Nah nah, two man can't sit in front.."

An older man had told me before in another that two man can't sit in front. When I told some 14 year old boys about the incident, they laughed and said..nah.. nah that is extreme, he got insecurities.

Conductor comes out and I jump in the front seat near to him.

I say "So driver , man, what gun happen, if i sit down deh, yall gun turn gay"

"I am gay.. " bus driver says.  Front seat passenger looks at him funnily.

Conductor laughs awkardly.

I laugh and say so man, what gun happen if I sit down.

"I aint want turn you gay " bus driver tells me

"But how you aint know I aint gay already"....

"This is a gay bus.." driver says
I look up and see the bright pink trimmings. Some women in bikinis on the windshield.

I laugh an say yeah yeah.. bus got nuff pink and so.

Conductor laughing.. I turn to him and say 'So man, you arite wid a man sitting next to you"

Conductor laugh and say 'I gay too... "
I say "wah.. like I in luck"

Conductor  laughing.. say "Nah, I aint like men wid colour... "

I say oh you mean you only like white skinned men ..


He say no no.. and laughing , no no, only black like me...

 and I remember that some people say you have nice colour when you fair skinned but not white.

My corner coming up.  Traffic moving so bus has to turn the corner.

Driver says .. "Uncle , we gun stop  when we turn"

I come out.
Driver says 'Have a gay afternoon... "

Uncle laughs and says 'You have a blessed afternoon.." ..

As I wait to cross the road, transgender woman hails me up from her car.

I wonder if I should have travelled more in the bus to find out about whether they would carry people they thought were gay...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar