Driver wearing pink in a minibus wid pink trimmings..

Sun is hot, and my mind is fuzzy. I don't want to be on the road but I have to be on the road. Bus is speeding towards me, looking like a hot red but different colours. I cringe and think I have no choice, I am in a hurry, is not a far way to go , and if is loud music then the speed the driver moving at I will reach where I going in no time.

Jump in the front seat , say morning without looking at driver, and driver turns in a cheerful voice says.. 'morning.. wait, I aint know you does tek bus?"

I turn to him and laugh and say why man. Then I realise the man wearing a pink tee shirt. And as I look around inside the bus, the walls and so  looking pink.

The man says, ' I aint see you a long time' and gives me a fist bump. Music is loudish. I say, yeah man in the way that I talk to people who know me, but who I can't remember. My head trying shift the fog to process the pink.

Driver is relaxing in the front seat, nice vibe from him, not stressed and so on. Cap looked light pink too or maybe it was the pink everywhere . If my head was clear I would have checked to see if he was wearing pink shoes.

I reach where I am going before I could ask about the pink. The man is not one of the regulars. I try to have conversations with the drivers, including the ones playing the loud dutty music. Some days, the drivers and bus conductors would be the only people I talk to outside the house.

"It announce today .. elections is March 19th.. I done plan fuh duh, holiday, den is Phagwah."

Dutty music playing low though because bus empty and man getting ready to go home.

Is a good ting Phagwah is nah before, because all ah we gun booze up".. driver of another bus tells me confidently. He asked me to divert so he coudl go pick up his son and he starts talking after I say yeah man, no rush because in my head I glad dat the man looking after his children.

"Tings rough in this place, we need elections and change again" He not telling me who he voting for but I mumble and so. He talk about work and the road and so and how things hard. I aint able campaign against the PPP now especially since we not on the road where I could get another bus.
Man not speeding , he owns the bus.

I reach the place I come off.



Conductor says.. wait , you is a guru right? You does teach at we mandir.

I laugh and say nah man, you mixing me up with somebody else

 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar