5 lessons on risking carilla / karela to nourish the soul..


Lesson 1 : You can learn from those who you have problems with
The man told me that he had been eating a lil bit of steamed carilla with his food, and his sugar levels have been low. The man and I have had problems. The carilla conversation is a distraction from the deep and meaningful conversation we are not having. So there might be useful tips to share when  you talking to people who you want to quarrel with.  I think about this as I observe that there are low sugar levels, day after I had to eat some karela rather than throw it away. I don't want to waste food, even food I don't like.

Lesson 2 :  Try something new especially when you are feeling exhausted
I am exhausted, the fatigue is settling in. Sleepless nights, the tension with various people.  There is something now which says you have to restore , or recover. Do the things which you have not done before, find back the spirit which used to explore and think. And rather than save the world, I said, arite let's see if this karela thing will work. The diclofenac has cured the stupid foot pain but left the stomach queasy.  I buy the pound of carilla. The family recipe is to steam it with onions and tomatoes and maybe coconut milk. The light green ones with the big warts apparently. 
I told the woman I didn't need a plastic bag, She looked at me with some surprise, and laughed when I said.. I trying to save the environment. She told me "If all body do like ah you, den would be good " .. the plastic bag thing


Lesson 3 :Some bitterness can be eased with coconut milk
I see on youtube something about putting salt on the carilla for a 10 minutes or so to get rid of the bitterness. Coconut milk is a good thing, makes plenty things taste nice. And it seems to make the karela taste nice too.  I imagine that maybe I should bathe myself in coconut milk before interacting with people who have problems with me, or maybe I should bathe them in coconut milk too and then well, things will not be so bitter. If only life were so easy.


Lesson 4: Not everything is for everyone
The karela lovers have a lot of recipes and so.. deep fried thinly sliced, kalounjie, stir fry and so. I don't like any of it on its own. I think the world is divided into those who could eat karela every day, and those who like me who could live without it. Except of course, if eating karela means I could go eat cake and ice cream and not have to run around so much and so.  So maybe the karela does not benefit everyone the same way.

Lesson 5 : Maybe the blessings will come differently
Like the b complex which I started taking to deal with the allergies, and which seemed to improve my mental health . maybe the karela will not deal with the sugar levels, but it might have some other positive side effect.

Even if it is just to write blogs about feeling good that I was able to try something new when it seemed that I could not do anything and the soul feels better.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar