High grade in de minibus...


I shout aye aye to de bus hoping dat my voice would travel more fast and loud dan my legs.. de bus had 3 people in it and i didn't hear any music so I think I deh good.

Conductor look small built but he didn't see me. Driver saw me and stop and kind of reverse lil bit on the side of the road in a way like he wasn't sure if he had to reverse.

I jump in the front seat and say morning and driver reach the traffic light. He turn to me and seh..

'Is I h ad to see you.. the conductor aint hear you.. ' in a nice kind of voice not angry...
'he does bun high grade'..


I notice driver fiddling with knob on the tape and I want to cuss.. is a new thing like dem bus driver does turn down volume to pick up ol people and turn up volume to pick up school chirren.
I jump and started

I seh ' Wuh.. wid loud music and if he high.. he aint gun hear nutting man an high grade gun kill yuh brain cells'.. I kind of turn me mouth back in the direction.
Nutting from the conductor

Driver say.. 'yeah.. dat high grade aint good;'.. he turn back.. man you, gotta look and see who coming.. ..but talking gently like he aint really bothered.
No sound from de conductor
"Is me idren"

I kind of worried because I aint want bus get stop and I hope that conductor aint got no bag wid ganja in it and somebdoy say that I smuggling ganja or something .. because I in front seat next to the driver and the bus is nearly empty...

Driver got a nice gentle voice. Patient Not loud and cuss up when driver and conductor get into big fight over who aint seeing passenger and suh.


I reach back and hand the hundred dollar and hang meh hand waiting fuh twenty dollar but nutting comin... hand hang over the back of the seat..

I jump out and see the conductor for the fus time.. yeah.. is a kind of ting wid front seat passengers who doan know who conducting .. even though sometimes  hand does touch when you handing over the money and you aint now who hand you touching.
I ask fuh the twenty.

Conductor is young, got smile on  his face, he look surprise. Fingers looked a bit damaged. Eyes red. But smiling.
He give me the twenty. His fingers looked like they had been burnt.

Black driver, coolie conductor.. luv.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar