Dear sweet genip...


Dear sweet genip

I did not expect to be enjoying you today. I passed the woman, said no, then passed back again and tried one in the way that I didn't really care.You melted in my mouth. I asked for $100 then $200 and now I wish I had asked for $1000.

But.. you are probably the best I have had for the year.  So far , 2 out of the 5 passion fruit for $200 are bad and I curse the people who sell , but passion fruit you can never tell from outside. Like pineapple. The disappointment in the passion fruit is like part of the other madness.

Genips are not supposed to be in season. Now is not the time for you.

This is in my head.. now is not the time to look backwards, now is the time to be in the present .

Now is not the time to worry about the future, now is the time to be in the present and try to get through

Now is not the time to worry that you cannot stretch the back which huts because the body tensed up after the quarrel, now is the time to stretch where you could and hope that it ripples through the body.

Now is not the time to be angry that you used to do all this with ease and joy, now is the time to try as though you are doing this for the first time .

Now is not the time to have faint hopes that the connections which you broke off will restore, now is the time to let go and be grateful for the random ones which have appeared.

Now is not the time to worry about anniversaries and dates of events with the loved ones who no longer talk to you, now is the time to let go and not fight up about not being able to let go.

Now is not the time to be angry that the plans for recovery have not  worked out, now is the time to get through every moment.

Now is not the time to think that this is struggle, now is not the time to be angry that there is no struggle really and that recovery should be easy, now is the the time to be working as though you are starting from now.


But sweet genip, even though now is not the time for you,  you appeared.

I have to be open, and know that not everything which appears at the wrong time is bad.




N

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar