North Korea and the gold digger in the bus...

"Whuh is de latest" the bus man asked. I had signalled it as it passed me. A beautiful kind of sunflower yellow. The dashboard is dark blue. The colour is the only thing really on the dash board. There are dusty holes where the sound system and the AC vents used to be.
Conductor is chilling out. Woolen cap.

'Hey bhaiya.. ' he says.. I jump.. I have never heard him speak before.

I jumped in the front seat. Relief that there was no loud music .  This bus man like to gaff though and sometimes you wonder whether the loud music might have been well.. you know..

"White man shoot up.. what you tink about dat?"
Bus man says
 "yeah.. if was a muslim you would ah hear different.. you know, I like country like North Korea, Venezuela, Iran and Cuba.. dem country don't depend on de US.. I wonder when we gun get like dat"

Bus keeps moving.. passengers ignoring.

"Like Granny want a pit bull.. dem gun know.. you ever watch a show pun Youtube call Golddigger? A man pose wid big car and gold chain fuh see what dem gyurls gun do.. dem aint know dat dem gun geh mash up ..I had one in hey wid she muddah. She quiet though. I tell the mother."

"Dey say oil and gas coming and everybody gun get wuk, but gas price gone up..Police in Albert Street.. old people dead.. police aint ketching dem fast enough.."

Bus on Regent Street. Some more passengers..
"Chinee meking money. Cuba buying"

I say.."Yeah.. China bigger dan de US and GRA want fuh know how come Guyana aint getting nutting but China big, you can tell dem nutting"

Bus man said "Dey got a big man as dey leader.. Mr Xi he name right?"

I reach my stop.

"I gun pass back by de time you done shop"



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar