Tattoos, mixing DNA and God in the bus..


Strange morning as I have to run an errand and then run it again.
I jump in a bus - conductor is a pleasant guy who always smiling and so but never do anything about the music in the buses which he works.
I notice the Jehovah Witness literature on the shelf in front of him.

"Are you a witness?"
He gives the nice big smile "Nah,.. I like to read.. these are good things to read"
"That's good man.. "
"Yeah.. I learn that tattoos is against God, Christians shouldn't have tattoos.. " I thought of Witness I knew who is in love with a man who he said has really nice tattoos.
I said nah man, it depends on the tattoos.. you can praise God with the tattoo ?
He continued smiling.. No.. you shouldn't marke the skin..

"And this thing with the blood transfusion.. that you could mix the DNA and you could become the person whose blood you get... and if you is a good person you could become a bad person"
I said man, blood transfusion help plenty people.. but I know disease is an issue.

He said nah.. if I believe in God, and I get in accident and I suppose to dead, then if the blood save me and I go on to do bad thing.. what gun happen?"
I said nah man .. suppose is a bad man who get stab up and he get blood from a good person..
He laughed . Driver got a faint smile looking back in the rearview mirror.

I reach the stop and jump out.. I had seen a flyer about the Jehovah Witness convention coming up at Leonora. I told him about it.. he said okay.

The bus coming back.. conductor talking to me in funny accent.. like if is Indian from India.. , "like you buy rotiiiiiii, " I say nah is sex i went to buy.

The driver a bit surly, shades, cap, long sleeve shirt to protect from the sun.

Nice gospel playing. I ask if is CD or radio.. He said is CD.
"Are you a Christian.." .. he said 'Yeah.. but I doan go to church and them thing.."
I said is good you aint playing the nasty dutty music..

He said, no smiles still  "I doan deh in certain tings, some people grow with stupidness and that is why dey doing dem tings"

I said.. well man God deh all over. Not only in Church.

He didn't answer me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar