Yoga of 3 mango carcasses....

Craving sweet and body feeling tight after acknowledgement of the last deliverable of work which was extended four months beyond the due date due to no fault of my own.

Cream soda and milk serves part of the purpose but yearning for more.

The first turpentine mango I pick up has a small hole with ants in it and I throw it back. But then I pick it up again and look closer and realise the mango is the biggest since the season started and the hole is small with a dark ring which indicates maybe the rot is starting. I smell the mango though and there is no rot and the faint whiff of turpentine mixed with the sweet scent of ripe orange string less flesh.

I keep the mango and wash it out.. and then rub it and wonder oh shoots, was it in the flood water when the rain had fallen but then again, I had noticed it and didn't see it in the flood water.

I slice off the hole, deep as I could and then think dark thoughts.. man gets sick from turpentine mango and then I think what the hell..

The second mango was smooth, not so ripe.. with a circle of water where it had rested on mud with some slight grains on it. No animals had started on it as yet, maybe it had just fallen off the tree. I am supposed to keep an eye out under the tree to see when new ones fall. There is a shadow on part of the skin like if rot had started to set in but then when I pulled off the skin, there is just an extra softness and sweetness which is almost rot but not there yet.

The third mango is smaller, nice skin, not so sunset, maybe a bit green. The skin comes off easily and the flesh is sweet, fresh.. no hint of decay here and nothing about turpentine.. just right.

Thank you mango tree.
Looking at the skin and the seeds and thinking.. I should write something.. instead of worrying and instead of thinking that I cannot move and the things which I should do

Now my mind is on my stomach.. will some bacteria start working.. I feel the after taste of turpentine.. but the nice satisfaction, the 'gainst' feeling of too much.. and then thinking I still need some ice cream, but two scoops instead of four..and then decide to write this instead of writing about dark clouds, and other things which causing me not to walk fast fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar