The yoga of making juice from the soursop I was not going to buy...

I saw the woman with the fruit basket on her head.. she had to get a hand to take it down it was so heavy.  I bought tangerine, bananas and the cut up pineapple in the plastic bag without wondering about the hygiene

I remember as a child a woman with a rumal and then the round cloth to balance the heavy basket on her head.

This woman wore a cap, not a rumal.

She was cheerful.


"1,000 for a soursop. It nice.. "

They were wrapped in newspaper.  I don't know if she picked them half ripe.
The only time I have used soursop is when I get it free.. and the man who brings it usually has it ripe almost on the verge of rotting and the skin is full of blight.

These were green and shiny.

I was in a hurry and said nah. I noticed a finger was missing from the woman's hand.. I did not want to ask how.

She put back the basket on her head. She said 'Tek it for 800'.

It was going to be a hectic day and dealing with a lot of dysfunction and chores.

And something about paying for something  which I was accustomed to getting for free.

I also knew I had no time.

I bought the soursop and two more of the nice clean pine in the bags which might or might not have been packed in places approved by the Health authorities.

Day was fatiguing.. dealing with manifestations of abuse and other things.. but somehow made it through.

I remembered the soursop. Something inside of me.. I got up.. took out big pot, blender, strainer , spoon, basins.  I cut, blend, strain.. blend , strain .. spoon going round and round.. and I wondered how come I was doing this and not the other work things which had to be done.

Mixed some with honey.. and ice.. 

and felt good that I managed to do something nice today which was not in the plan..


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar