Dear sleep...


Dear sleep.. why have you evaded me the last few nights?

I know stress is subtle and that even when things might seem on the surface to be good.. that something chases you away.

I thought it was the security light from the neighbour which might be fooling my body into thinking it was sunrise and time to get up.

I thought it was delayed caffeine but is not that, I thought it was food I ate late, but it was not that.. there is something about how the body needs those hours of complete unconsciousness so that the mind could appear to be refreshed.

Eyes close at 9pm but are half open and cannot close again from 1am.. it is amazing the sounds in the night though.. lizards croaking. watchmen talking.. thieves probably talking.. trucks, cars far away.. cool down drinks man coming home with his freezer which sound full still and wondering if he sold .. but noise is louder than when he leaves in the afternoon.
some other men arguing.. night voices carry further.
 Exercise aint helping as it used to..
Wake up feeling half alive 

they say to get up and read or something.. but eyes can't open and body is half asleep.. dreams also weaving in between.. in which the thoughts become dreams.. 


It is stupid to build an altar of mango and tangerine and oranges to get a picture.. but I thought too that the sugar level was a problem. and restrict the sugar to mango and banana and tangerine and orange..

The moon is out.   Maybe it is a strange moon.

Maybe it is the budget and the Guyana situation in which the good life aint happening for nuff people and where it seems like life gun become less good..

Sleep and the good life.. both illusive..

I hope sleep come back though so with the mango and orange and tangerine I could deal with all the things which chase away the sleep in the first place





Comments

  1. Yes all those thoughts and the moon might be the reason behind it. The Mangos clearly not. Best Mangos ever :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar