Yoga of dead hibiscus and dead days...

Wake up feeling positive that I will end the day with a massive task behind me so that I could start to make moves on the massive tasks.

Woman calls. I know she is not responsible for the delay. Apologetic. I will get the response I need.

I can't start any other work. I do some minor tasks. Feeling restless and thinking of going to do something else

Nothing is coming.  Think of the long list of things which I could do but no energy to move to anything else. It is like stuck in one lane without the flexibility to change.. when all energy is consumed in trying to bring focus to completing a job.

Text comes in.. a few minutes. Nothing comes. Day is ending and there is a beautiful sunset and breeze and I remember when I used to have routines and I was in control of my time and I was more flexible and could adapt and do wonderful things.

The hibiscus die after a day in bloom.  A day of shining and showing off and then turning to something useful like compost and keeping a cycle.

I am trying to think at the end of the day of all the other things I could have done.

Mind is heavy though and shifting requires work.  I could have read but no concentration or go and start one of the courses I registered for but no concentration because there is this one thing.

Good mental health requires the ability to flex and adapt to changing circumstances.  Time does not come back.

Dead hibiscuses come back after a long time after fertiliser as new hibiscus.

This dead day is not coming back though.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar