The healing of Eddoe (bhajee and root) after the mistakes..

Eddo leaf bhaji and eddoe and chunks curry..
Strange times as I work on avoiding social conversations as I have lost the sense of being intuitive. I agonised over whether I should let a man know that his comments would not be good,.. communication is about feedback. Took time to compose the email as I thought the man was reasonable and interested in Guyana and Guyanese. The man defended his right to be disrespectful.  I was shocked and thought maybe I did not communicate that it was not about rights, but about engagement and empathy.

It was not about a disagreement with my views.. there are other things we disagree about and I tend not to engage him on any of them.

So a sense of a mistake as I realise that the man is not as I thought and that I should have stayed quiet.

Thought too of whether to gently ask a loved one if everything is okay as a strange universe of work has an overlap and there are some communication problems.  I chose not to as I know that I would be rejected. There is a sense of loss as the work offers opportunity at no cost to either of us, but then maybe there is a cost of returning to a connection when a disconnection is the best thing.


I am lucky in that these days there are fewer and fewer situations where I mess up the communications especially with people I don't really know.

People understand now when I tell them I prefer transactional approaches to the engagement. 

I have learned to withdraw and avoid social situations. Lessons have been learned in who to approach and how to approach , and engage, and when not to engage.
The facilitation work has been good, but the engagement is a different nature from social engagements.

Another man is annoyed that I asked not to participate in an event even as  I am offering alternatives.

I hope that in engaging with him that the desired outcomes would be achieved without my presence.

Today I ended up cooking eddo leaf bhaji and eddo curry. Not from the same plant.. but the milk from the same coconut was shared between the two.

A woman in the market told me to be careful where I buy the eddo leaf "You aint know where it come from... " but well so far so good..

And eddo is troublesome.. part could 'boil hard' while other parts are nice and soft and sandy.

It is easier to contemplate the mistake with the eddo, than with communications with people.

It was nice to enjoy the eddo.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar