Deep red underwear on a bad day..


Bad day and wondering if I had made the right decision to go to a thing which looked like it was going to be another thing. Nervous as hell and wondering whether clothes will cheer me up.

Favourite blue shirt, well all blue shirts are my favourite and some of them have been calming me since 2004 as I see from pictures.

Open the drawer.. and the splash of colour.. the dreary functional blue , black.. and then this red thing standing out. I am like.. no no, I not able to be daring and dynamic  but then I thought what the hell.. red underwear instead of the usual thing.. in fact the reason I had the red is that it was probably on sale and no body else probably liked the colour.

So I feel brave, and daring. I behaving  as though I would wear the underwear as outerwear.

Confidence boosted. Go for it. Red is for bravery. Revolutionaries wear read caps and head bands and so on , well I will be revolutionary and try to sound dynamic and deliberate.. wave the read underwear as a flag in my mind as I do the thing which I don't normally do and I try not to do.

Go to the thing and everybody in grey, black , and dark shades. Formal event.. I was like oh man.. this is serious stuff.. one or two glimpses of red blouses and so .. no man in red. I consciously checked to make sure the zipper on my black trousers were pulled up because well.. glimpses of red where there should be none would take away from the revolutionary fervour. Imagining that there were revolutionary spirits locked into those sombre colours .. and thinking how I had to suppress so much rather than express..

I stood up.. said my thing.. and then kept thinking.. this is not what I do.. and well.. thinking that yeah.. you only buy red underwear if it is on sale.. and here you are in, this sombre thing... trying to be entertaining and then.. well it was over...

as it usually is, regardless of the colour of your underwear..
Do you find bright underwear cheers you up on days when you have to wear sombre clothes and behave properly?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar