Walking when your head not good..

Can you see the birds?
Place is hot, Two assignments mixing up in my head . One of them requires an image which is not there. Feeling restless, planning, moving, not moving.

Man asks.. like you got mental problems.. you look like you studying them.

Get up and go and try to get one at the Botanical Gardens. The image is not there. There is a table there , though, with four kiskadees, then five, and a yellow plantain. I don't think I have ever seen so many in one place.
Worries forgotten

Craving plantain chips or raw nuts. none about though.. sno cone is a fix, with condensed milk.

Come out.. place hot, traffic too crazy to cross the road to get a bus so start walking back.. Walking.. remembering walking home from school. Walking past the place where loved one who hasn't called on the way home for a long time would be.. walking and dodging cars.

Keep walking..  no plantain chips.. no nuts.

Feet moving.. and then end up talking.. woman says 'man, you gah fuh cut down dat belly'.. I have not had any chips as yet though.. but the craving is reduced.

Walking to find another space.. feeling less anxious.. about an hour after I started.. find some nice people to talk to and then realise I have to reverse a decision.. but I don't feel too bad about it.

Remembering the kiskadees on the table under the tree.. not the image I was looking for, but an image I am glad I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar