Dear moon, I have not been able to write..


Dear Moon
By the time you rose, I should have been finished with this article which has to be very powerful and thought provoking and well researched. I will not be paid for the article .

I also have another writing thing due and the two things are mixing up in my head.

The two writing things are mixing up in my  head. I have not been able to focus today. The heat and humidity are crazy. The rain did not help.

I ate too much junk again,, so could not do the yoga routine which might have helped to focus..

It has been strange.. my plan was to wake up, do my chores and then just sit down and type out the 1500 words while blocking out everything else.

But there were important distractions... two massive tasks ahead, none with pay, and then two conversations which did not leave me feeling calm and focus

Dear Moon, I should be disciplined.  I know you  have nothing to do with it.

I know you might have something to do with the heat and the humidity and with the ebb and flow of brain fluids and other fluids and thoughts coming down to coherent words.

I know I cannot tell the people I have to send the writing to, that I lost my battle with the moon

I hope by writing this that I can get back on track.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar