Walking in the rain when you shouldn't..



 Moving and walking slowly as effort is needed to move and remembering when I used to counter every movement to be still and rest with fighting up and getting gone.
Intense heat and humidity the last few days and then heavy rain drops come down.

I am on an errand. There is shelter. The rain is not cooling as such, place is hot. Other people sheltering , but I am walking in it , slowly too to enjoy.

But the drops are heavy and I look up and feel them on the face. It is nice to feel. 

Rain stops though. And I pick up a thing which can't get wet in the rain. And then the rain pours down and I think, heck.. look the thing is in plastic, but then the plastic has a hole and I will  jump in a bus which might not take a soaked passenger who not only soaked but who decide to tek wet when there was shelter.

So, half wet I come back. As the sun heats up again, I choose not to curse the fate that says I could not walk in the nice pouring rain, but be glad I was able to walk like a madman for a few minutes in the rain.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar