Dear heat..


Dear heat..

Is what really going on? Am I feeling you more now because I am older? Is something wrong with me that make me sweat in my house sitting at a desk typing without a shirt? Is the fat under the skin rebelling against you?

Is this how it is going to be for the next couple of months? So powerful that even the wooden walls seem to radiate the heat and the bed at night is warm .

Last night I had to use a fan to deal with you. I don't normally need a fan in the night.. or is something wrong with me? Hot flashes? I have more oestrogen than I thought? I used to walk in you, and walk fast and not really sweat.

But is how come? What happening.. is a big rain coming? And on my  heaviness, it feeling a lil more heavy.. is a contradiction how the light bright and so, but something weighing down... I can't remember it ever being like this..

I watch dem grey clouds and hope dat rain gun fall .. soon and cool down the place but then I know that after dis heat, the steam gun rise and the place don't get nice and cold like it used to when I hug up all of my pillows, wid each pillow representing a person who I would love to hug up again ..

Dear heat.. cold water aint wuking.. and hot tea aint wuking to cool me down..

Is what really going on? I gun gah fuh go and pay fuh AC someway .. de heat even hold me back from tinking clearly.

Dear heat.. I hope dat you gun go lang yuh way sooon. 

Or if is me.. dat I find out how to be like a cactus and flourish wid you.

Yours

Drenched in sweat widout doing anyting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar