Coconut chokha and baigan chokha during the consultancy wuk..

I glad fuh de lil wuk. I find de socks and de ole faithful shoe dat Kubu de expert shoemaker had resoled two times. I got meh shirt in me pants.  PUn de road.. mo' driver signalling me if I want taxi, so I mussee could pass fuh a consultant who dress up nice going into public officials buildings, as opposed to when I have two salt bag after market and nobody bodder to ask except de drivers by de market.

Meetings in sequence. Nice order. Lunch time come up.  I know I had said, sometin bland.. like a lil pastry or suh which aint gun lef no taste in de mout.

My foot kerry me tho' to the hole in the wall place which not far from my next meeting venue.  The balls of coconut chokha are nice, tempting, right in front deh.  There are some odder bland tings...

I whisper .. 'you have dhal'... hoping dat if he seh 'no , it done' you could seh.. arite..

Yes.. man, we have dhal, white rice, brown rice.. you tell me..

dey had bhaji.. i could have had de plain bhaji and rice ...

I tink.. arite.. if I drink a sweet drink, it might kerry away de taste..

'Dhal, and rice and coconut chokha and bhaji'...
and a small coke... I hear how coke could clean toilet bowl so I assume it could clean garlic from me mout.  Not dat my mout is a toilet bowl.. but..


"Look it gat lil baigan chokha, lef back.. give he dah tuh'..

The garlic was visible in the baigan chokha.

I sit down.. the garlic taste nice in the two chokha.. and in the dhal too..  the pepper was nice..

I eat, and drink de coke slowly.. it nice and fizzy.  I sit down lil bit and feel nice as dhal and rice and coconut chokha and bhaji and baigan chokha could mek you feel.

Den de coke doing it wuk wid de garlic and de burps coming up .  I panic. The man got a sink wid a sign dat says 'No hawking or spitting here'

I buy 2 mint.  I walk slow , but not too slow fuh be late as I reach de office. I kind of linger lil bit outside, reading de dress code notice and so.

Praises, like de burping done..

I feeling de coconut chokha and de baigan chokha.. 

Nobody aint offer me any mint or chewing gum at the two meetings.  I try to talk lil bit and and ask open ended questions and keep my mout shut when I talking.

I aint know if I gun get ask back fuh do consultancy wuk again wid dem people I meet after de coconut chokha lunch.





Comments

  1. Dont give in to temptation next time .Have a salad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar