The values of holding on to the pants with the holes and frayed edges


The favourite faded khaki trousers have holes and scruff marks now. I can wear them as style I think but I am not sure. I wonder if I had been wearing these holes for a while now and not noticed.

I celebrate the values which have me holding on to the pants with the holes and frayed edges.

- I care sometimes about what people think about the clothes I wear when I have to impress people. I don't have to impress people too often these days and I celebrate people who are impressed by me even if I am wearing pants with holes and frayed edges.

- The pants is comfortable and each wearing seems to degrade it more. Comfort zones do not last forever.

- I am okay with old clothes. At some point I will have to invest in new clothes which can cover well, but clothes and superficial things do not bother me much.

- It is a brave thing to wear old clothes in a society which is obsessed with dress.  When I have nothing else to feel brave about, these pants which are decaying faster than me I hear that some people cannot get business or employment because they not dressed fancily enough. I hear some people who tief also dress up nice.

- I could cut them , trim off the edges, put on patches and so to restore the pants and recreate them. I could put different coloured cloth and so on. I do not have that level of bravery though to wear reconditioned fashion statements.

- I have a feeling that people respond well to me because I am not dressed up too nice and because I am not threatening or so. I have a feeling that people do not take me on either when I wear the pants with the holes in them. I like being not noticed.

-  I have time to write a lot of stupidness about things which might not mean a lot. Maybe I could use these pants to go and do something useful like plant a garden or something.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar