Scotch tape to fix the umbrella and functioning..

Umbrella is not completely broken. It can be used. The vanes can be stitched and a bit of thread used to attach to the cloth cover. The rain is falling. The store said umbrellas are $1500 and I say shoots, let me fix this. I feel like I should just walk in the rain and be wet and I fight the feeling.

The scotch tape holds the cloth to the vane temporarily. Shelter is provided. The umbrella is useful. Other fixes can be applied. Thread to strengthen the attachment to the cloth cover, straightening the vanes which have bent in the high breeze.  The umbrella is useful, not like it used to be , but useful.. functioning as it should.

People say thanks for things and I am relieved. One case I am worried that I messed up a bit as it is difficult to be coherent when fighting the urge to go and find a cool dark room and lie down and sleep

One woman's persistent questioning brings back memories of the past. I  want to tell her.. go away.. I can't answer yous, while another part of me says go on man, do it.. answer them relive the past.. bring back the memories, you cannot hide them forever.

Woman says she 'hopes that you are fine' and I reply yeah.. soon as i work out what fine is.

Scotch tape in the form of ice cream with crushed sweet biscuits and too much crunchy stuff. But vanes and muscles and bones to be straightened , new thread to stitch to have more permanence..muscles that need work, body that needs fixing.. that has to be worked out.. to be fully functional.

Scotch tape works though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar