Sweet sweet tangerine and walking in the rain with a cold

 'You going out in dis drizzle wid dat cough.. wear a hat nah?"
Dry cough , which clenches the whole body including the parts that are already paining, and intention is to buy thick leaf thyme to chew up with the honey and the cough medicine and anything else, because this nasty cough is the last thing I need in a time with a variety of deliverables.
El Nino where the high winds blow up the dust which is not seen but is felt more on the throat or maybe it is all in the head.

And then the tangerines, the last at the season, maybe El Nino.. small, bright well.. tangerine colour and each one sweet sweet.. what is the point of eating these the 9 year old asks.. it is only juice and seeds , nothing to chew on..

And so I end up buying more tangerines and forgetting the thyme  - maybe if I had coughed I would have remembered.

And the rain is drizzling and I say to hell with it, I already have the damn cough and it is El Nino and the rain is welcome..  .. the breeze blows up the dust and the throat feels more sensitive..

Cough syrup is out, rain is drizzling.. have to go back and buy more tangerines and the thyme and the ginger and whatever else is good for coughs.

I am not going to wear no hat though.. I am going to enjoy the drizzles.  And try to get the work done somehow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar