Self employment, money, creativity, innovation, work, money , madness...

Man asked as I was eating the dhal , rice and coconut chokha - 'You working today?" and I sighed and did not bother to answer that the eating the dhal, rice and coconut chokha was an experiment in trying to find some inspiration for a thing I said I would write because it was work. Self employment is like that.. I say yes when I could

And this was after cleaning, washing, helping with cooking and also trying to think about what to write for the weekly thing which deadline comes up all of a sudden.

The Universe  has thrown a whole set of different things, work things which are not related to each other and which seem to require different energy, different questions for solutions, or even questioning the questions to find a solutions.

A rare encounter with a private sector client. We want you to find a solution for us and because I am reeling from one thing, and about to contemplate the other thing. I say yes without saying but hey hey.. we might not have defined the problem yet properly because my mind is what to write for Coil, and how to teach online journalism while the Internet is not so good.

But there is something going on, with everything. You have to take the time to learn, to experiment, to test and there is no time. The private sector client more or less has said, go and find out and then come back with your price and basically this could go either way, because the process of finding the solution for the client which is IT based, is very different from the process of writing stuff for money.

The process for writing Coil starts with .. what the hell to write this week.. while also thinking of the other things which have to be done. This could be thought about on Thursdays while cleaning if I am lucky. Recently, Fridays and Saturdays have come and nothing is there. Then comes some idea and then.. okay.. what image to use for the featured image?
Then what to say, what to write, what sources? Do I have to go anywhere?  But this process is happening.. like last Friday I am heading to UG and wondering if there was something to write about UG in the sunset.

Then Rodney comes up and I am not sure what to write but I know the memorial will be there so I go and  visit the Rodney Memorial and take the pictures  before going to teach Linux.

The teaching thing requires concentration and focus on what is said and the students. Three different audiences in a week, in different settings, and trying to teach different things, while also wondering whether I am going to get the solution for the private sector people. and also what to write now after eating the dhal rice and coconut chokha.

The Universe laughs. I yearn for a kind of sequential task thing, one thing at a time, one project at a time. Instead, though.. fortunately because all work is good, there is a whole set of mixed up things - cooking while thinking of how to sort out the bugs and errors in some of the website code.


And somewhere in there is trying to the work to not let the dark clouds become overwhelming.

And then trying to be creative and to practise and to learn new things.. in time which might not be available and with the discipline which is not easy to come  by because discipline and order are the last things on the work agenda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar