While in the tunnel moving to light..

Cloisters, NYC, October 2015
Three major tasks to be accomplished in two days, different things which require different kinds of creativity .. weaving words, another one to weave words and images, and another one to weave words, images, video, activities for an audience with which I am least comfortable.. and thinking about all three instead of thinking of one at a time and moving on each one..


Procrastination sets in.. mind is whirling.. body feels still.. exercise routine is okay ish.. a distraction really but it is good to do.. and cursing that I cannot get through one thing at a time quickly...

I wonder whether the brain energy spent fighting  to stretch the body and counter the sluggishness could be better utilised doing in going outside the box..

I am lucky.. I have cream soda and milk.. I have lime water,  I have sweet things..
I have work pending.. and payment once I get the work done.. well.. I have other distractions to say.. take a rest and do something else and come back because I have been coming back and still the things have not moved from the mind to the screen

I kind of know that there will be 'light at the end of the tunnel' but I can't wait as there is a lot to be done..

Waiting to get started is hard though..  blank screens and open windows and notes and thinking of readers, viewers and people who I have to interact with at different levels..

Body was stretched out today.. not as full as I would have wanted and pain in the kinks which did not move.. mind has to be stretched out.. and soon..
 








Comments

  1. This happens a lot the lack of focus in mid life. They sa y it is best to work in periods of ninety minutes then fifteen minutes break
    Lots of ideas about how the brain works best

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar