Keeping the fruitless and flowerless tree which full of plimplah..


It is not my yard and the trees in it need pruning and other kinds of caring.  One tree with small green leaves and plenty plimplah (thorns) loosens during the rain and hangs down over the clothes lines and I curse when the tree brushes my naked back as I try to hang out clothes. The tree also blocking the sun from the clothes line.

It is not clear how the tree got there, if anyone planted it. It is not a fruit tree, and no flowers on it. Just these bright green small leaves..

So I go chop off a branch and I feel bad as I cut it, but at least the clothes line is clear. Even though the tree bore me.. the leaves are soft and small.. but the plimplah is on the branch.

The man next door has removed all the trees and replaced with concrete. It is scary.. long time coolie people used to like plant up dey yard but some new time coolie people remove trees.. there was jamoon, whitey, sijan, mango, suriname cherry, some banana.. rose bushes, bouganveillia..  all gone..


And I stop thinking of cutting the tree because we need more trees, not less.

Even trees with no fruits or flowers and nuff plimplah which have to be pushed out of the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar