Relief in the cucumber and lime water with ice

Woman asked me if I had work to do and I said.. well taking a break, mental health thing and she asked..'Why you not going on medication' and I said.. well well , no .. I am doing some tests at .. and she said.. 'you trust dem, dey nearly kill me sister'..

Lab tests have everything normal and I look at the woman who give me , part with relief that biology seems okay and also thinking life goes on.. cloud and fog will be there "Well if hey seh everyting arite, i going and see ah obeah woman den' and the woman laughed and said.. no man, you arite.

Sun is hot... so hot that with the breeze,  the sweat drying on the skin fast as it is forming.   Walking on roads with nuff traffic and wondering how nice it would be if there were pavements. Dodging traffic.. this is not the destressing walk.

Thinking of getting some sweet stuff to celebrate the test results but then is Navratra and well, controlling desires and so on..

New found addiction.. the cucumber grated with cold water.. (though the pulp got my stomach a lil queasy) and lime juice.  So cool.. if I had mint it would have been cooler. Relief.. in fact.. nicer relief that say ice cream would have been because no guilt. And thinking that hey.. it was good to walk in the sun and feel hot if only to feel the relief in the cucumber and lime water with ice..I mean dis would not be so refreshing and cooling if I was lying down in a cool dark room which is what I keep wanting to do.. but is Navratra,  do not become a slave to the senses.

A lil discussion in the night because it seems the Ramayana gole might not have enough people to sing. But I say nah man, leh we guh.. two pun a side and we will work it out. It worked out, we sang not one but two choupaiis in small wooden mandir which had been built by people who pooled money together when they could have used the money for other things way back in the day..and some people said, because they felt excluded from the other mandirs..  and despite the two days for Diwali, tributes to all of them.. so yeah.. paying tribute to the ancestors.. even though back and inner thigh twinging to sit in the lotus asana.
 The throat survived. I survived.

Don't know if the cucumber and lime was working.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar