dear loved one who calls in the night....

dear loved one who has been calling in the night..

I am kind of amazed and wondering what has changed in your life. I am happy to hear from you. You asked if I was sleeping.. yes.. one or two times since you have started calling late in the night on your way home, I am usually sleeping. But love is.. waking up to answer the phone until you reach home.

I have not asked you as yet what has brought about the change and why you are calling. I know that , sleepy as I am, I am trying to keep the conversation neutral and not talk personal stuff.  While I imagine that you have a need for someone to talk to on your way home, I cant imagine that it would be me after years after we ended the friendship.

When you hang up the phone, I wonder if I am like a sweet man, an outside man.  Now that I am 45, I have to laugh at myself  at how I have ended up with late night conversations about nothing really with a loved one who is married .

I don't want to marry you. I like hearing from you. I want to know though,  man that I am, what it is that you want.. so I could ensure you get it and feel happy that you have resumed calling and talking to me.

And I know that if I try to ask you this the next time you call, if you call, we will start arguing and then things will be back to where they were..


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar