Warm puri and fish cake in an early morning bus and other pictures I wish I could take


Pictures could tell a thousand words but then there are some pictures which need words to make them and I realised recently that there are times when I am stuck because I cannot decide on the composition of an image or what picture to take if there is some moment to catch, or whether to just try to record words. 
Some discipline is required to decide.

But here are some pictures which I  wish I had taken...

  • Eating warm puri and fish cake in a bus in Linden on an early rainy morning 
  • Marvelling at how a bus which was hot and humid while waiting to full in the rain then becomes so cool with breeze on the highway less than an hour away that most of the windows have to be closed
  • The idea of cooking chunks with carrots and tomatoes and peppers and realising that it looked better than it tasted, though it aint taste bad, but it make a nice picture for this blog
  • Seeing a man with locks and tatoo walk in the drizzle under a blue umbrella patterned with flowers which reminded me of my Nanee's own and I thinking how I would never walk under no blue umbrella wid no flowers no matter how rainy the place deh (because wid some rain, you does still get soak up anyway)
  • Seeing another man with vest and slippers and nuff muscles under another small fold up umbrella and I think about gender bending
  • Picture of me and a shorter woman huddling under an umbrella held by the woman I had met an hour before who insist that I take shelter with her while we wait for the car.. Real men take shelter offered by women with their small umbrellas
  • On a rainy morning, seeing a man who come in the bus through the rain but he head aint soak.. because the mouse and the hair creme and so got the rain drops on his hair instead of in the hair.. and I know my camera don't take out rain drops good
  • On watching low drains in Linden and East Bank while knowing that Georgetown under water and wondering when it will be fixed
  • Picture of the pump attendant turning off the pump because the water in the basin not high enough because the tube entering the basin low and the pump attendant 'call somebody' to clear the tube even as everywhere else is flooded

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar