Satisfying the lady who does want classic, not spicy

A surreal day .. about three requests from men for a 'raise' or to take part in a 'hustle' and then an intense discussion about how to do some discussions and then I end up in the Stabroek Demico to meet someone.

Some people sitting down. The staff there, and some customers. Some people sitting down. Elderly woman hails me up. Hello sir, I know you.. do you remember me from before you went away?

I go over to her. Bags and so. She looking comfortable. Other lady looking at me and the lady. I shake hands. I say sorry Ma'am I dont remember you. She says.. yes, man.. You were younger.

I say, where did you work? She said parliament. Other lady looking at us with a kind of smile on her face.

I say no, you have me mix up with somebody.   I say let me go , I have my friend to meet.

I ask her.. 'Do you want a coffee'? Other lady looking at me and the lady and shaking her head and smiling.

Lady says.. 'Thank you. But not a coffee. I would like a chicken wing, it is only 300 dollars'


I say. okay.. I go to cashier. Other lady look at me with a kind of pity smile/look on her face.

Cashier say.. that lady does want classic, and I only have spicy. I say.. oh okay.. now realising . like is a regular and I wonder how much wing she managed to get people to buy.

I shout over.. is only spicy they have, do you still want?

Other lady look from  me to the lady and repeat the message.

Lady, say.. oh spicy is okay.. make sure they give you a fork. I take off the skin, I know to eat it.

I say okay.  I go over to another side and sit down. Other lady come over and say.. she too likerish. She have money, dont worry with her. I cyan stand people who does do that. She gyaffing with another lady too and they both looking at me as though I get con"

I say , no man, spread love. Don't tek on.

Praise and thanks for the women I meet in chicken places.  I do all this for selfish reasons, not because I am generous .

When I was leaving, I say good night. Lady had finished her wing and said' walk good, take care on the road'

I want to go back and see if she is there and find out her story.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar