Bus man an' he sweetie paper an' recycling styrofoam..

I in a rush and I swallow me tongue and say, I aint kay how dutty de music or how fast it going.. I have to take de fus bus dat come and I aint gun seh a word because I dont want to have to lef de bus. (Dat is how principles and so does go)

Climb in de front seat. Music not too bad and the top of the Windscreen got something followed by a crucifix.

Bus fulling up gradually. Bus man had to swerve to avoid a dancing drunk man on de road and de panic was eased by everybody laughing.

Bus man, big man, wid tattoo and ting,  open sweetie and throw paper on the road. I think about the conversation with Captain Clean where I said I aint going and pick up after nobody.

So I gently say , man.. how you gun mess up yuh house so? Dis area didn't flood?

Bus man look at me and say nah nah.. is not sweeti paper dat flood up de place is styrofoam and plastic bottle.

Man in de fus row at behind we say.. dis place gotta clean up. People attitude gotta change.  Anodda man say recycle de styrofoam

I tell de bus man, man, must keep a bag in hey nah man. He laff and say, yeah he must get a bin. I say, yeah, you might get a free one and all.
 
Bus man say yeah yeah. Man behind saying.. we need to recycle dem plastic, like how glass does recycle. Look how you can't find no scrap iron nowhere?

Anodda man say it gun tek time to change people. Dey doan mess up dey house and yard, dey gun mess up dey road.


Later in the day another man said yes, people would not litter if they feel they have an interest in the place. One day, the Guyanese who litter will feel that Guyana is theirs so they will not mess it up.


Comments

  1. http://blindgambit.blogspot.com/2015/06/to-ransom-mans-soul.html

    My version... looking forward to yours.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar