Prayers and meditations for this coming week...


I not praying for party to win or lose since I not voting but I pray for these things as people vote on Monday and results might announce on Thursday (2006 and 2011 experience but GECOM have two weeks )..

1.  I pray that the children writing exams are not bothered with any extra stress caused by the tension of waiting for results
2. I pray the people who cuss up Sherlina in defence of their Minister who want to strip and slap women. I pray for the 'unrestrained supporters' of APNU+AFC and those who might have to deal with their lack of restraint.

3. I pray for the losers and the winners in the elections

4. I pray that I could manage my mental health over the next few days as I know tension causes some people to say the most bizarre things. I pray that I will also see nice things as well. I pray that I could try to help relieve the tension even though I want to lock myself away until I hear that the "results are accepted"

5. I give thanks for my coolie self dat does not only assert itself at elections even though I know that picketing and writing letters and so on might not enough.

6. I pray for de teachers in schools who will beat chirren regardless of which party wins the elections. I pray for de chirren who have no choice in de selection of people to outlaw the beating and for de chirren who will learn dat beating is okay and necessary to keep other people in control.

7. I pray for de polling agents , I do not know if Ms Onika Beckles is working again but the 'touch and not a shove'  which she received from Odinga Lumumba was not a big deal it seems to her boss, Mr Lowenfield now big boss.

I pray for all de polling agents who will have to deal with the stress of counting correctly and signing poll statements and so on while having to deal with those who cannot deal with losing the elections.

8. I pray for lil rain during de week , after Monday,  to keep de dust down and de place cool.

9. I pray for forgetting the past.. not the PNC thing - but the intense emails, conversations and incidents with loved and former loved ones which surface in the random connections which seem to come up at this tense time. I pray that I could forget all that and remember instead the names of my students in my current course.

10. I pray that all dem who vote would understand , dat if you vote you should keep complaining and dat democracy don't finish when  you finish ink yuh finger. 

11. I pray for de lady in de market who pick out all de swingy passion fruit fuh me and put in two extra fuh me because she gotta mek her living regardless of who living in State House.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Turpentine mango madness

Re-writing Irfaan Ali's disgraceful statement after accepting his comrade's resignation

My experience with depression - Dr Raquel Thomas-Caesar